Form a band. Write an original song. Rock out together.
Girls Rock! DC’s Summer Camp is a week-long in-person music education program for young folks ages 8 to 18 in the DC area.
A SUMMER OF FUN
Girls Rock! DC’s Summer Camp is a week-long music camp for DC young folks. Campers learn to play an instrument, form a band, write an original song, and perform it at a big, live concert!
Summer Camp is open to all young folks in DC, Maryland, and Virginia ages 8-18. We center girls, non-binary, and gender expansive youth, especially Black and brown young people in DC.
Applications for Summer Camp 2023 will open in the Spring. Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WATCH OUR ROCK STARS IN ACTION
Check out the SEVENTEEN new bands perform their original music at our 2022 Summer Camp Showcases:
WHAT HAPPENS AT CAMP?
At camp you’ll receive an electric guitar, electric bass, keyboard, drum kit, or microphone to learn and practice. Monday through Friday, you’ll join us in-person from 9am to 4pm for fun activities:
- Morning Assembly: Assembly brings all campers together to get psyched for the day!
- Morning Workshop: Morning workshops focus on music and movement to get our creativity flowing!
- Instrument Lesson: Campers receive tailored small group instruction from a local DC musician on electric guitar, electric bass, keyboard, vocals, or drums. Instrument lessons focus on building technical skills, confidence, and music appreciation.
- Lunchtime Concert: Private concerts give campers a unique performance and allow them to chat one-on-one with musicians about their art.
- Band Practice: Campers meet with four of their peers to form a band and write original music together, supported by their personal Band Coach. Band practices emphasize collaboration, leadership, and creative expression.
- Afternoon Workshop: Afternoon workshops focus on connecting our music to issues of justice and community.
- Afternoon Assembly: At the end of the day, we check in on what we’ve learned and celebrate our achievements!
Then, on Saturday, we have our big show! We livestream all of the bands’ original songs at a DC concert venue for family, friends, and music lovers everywhere. Ask anyone who has witnessed this event and they will tell you they’ve never been the same since.